Social Media and Box Office Manager
The Northshore Performing Arts Foundation, located in Bothell, WA is seeking a Social Media and Box Office Manager. NPAF, founded in 1996, is a vibrant arts organization that brings world-class performers to the Northshore Community. We feature 10 or more shows each season with a range of talent from theatre and music to dance, comedy, magic shows and more. Currently performances are held at the Northshore Performing Arts Center, located on the campus of Bothell High School. Our Social Media and Box Office Manager is a new role that will focus on marketing our shows via social media, working in the box office on performance days, communicating with patrons and scheduling volunteers in the theatre. This is a part-time independent contractor position.
- In coordination with our Managing Director, create and implement an aggressive and fun social media marketing plan.
- Manage NPAF’s social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube and Linked In. Research use of other platforms such as Tik Tok, Snapchat and others.
- Return calls and other inquiries from patrons regarding tickets and performances
- Sell tickets to patrons over the phone
- Manage box office on performance days. This includes being present for all performances, selling tickets to customers, or arranging for volunteers to do the same.
- Set up box office and assist with the set-up of the lobby, merchandise and concession areas as needed
- Coordinate volunteers for all shows, including box office staff, ushers, concessions, ticket takers, merchandise sales and program distribution
- Assist in the recruitment of volunteers
- Attend monthly board meetings as requested
- Assisting our Managing Director for the annual creation of our ticketing pages with regular updates, as needed.
- This is a remote position except on performance days.
HOURS AND DAY-TO-DAY ACTIVITIES
- This is a part-time, independent contractor position with varying hours.
- The Social Media and Box Office Manager will set their own hours, with the exception of performance days when they must be at the box office at least 90 minutes prior to the start of the performance and remain until the end of intermission. Performance days for NPAF’s 2021-2022 season may be found on our website – npacf.org/events
- Work will vary depending on the time of year and month but is expected to average 15 hours per week.
- Incredible social media expertise with broad knowledge of social media marketing
- Excellent customer service skills: in-person, on the phone and via email
- Strong writing competence
- The ability to multi-task
- Solid computer skills and the ability to learn new software
- A passion for the performing arts
- Experience with Audience View/Ovation Tix a plus
- Bonus skills include video making, graphic design and a love of fun
This is a independent contractor position with no benefits. The contractor is responsible for their own tax reporting and payment. The position pays a monthly stipend of $2,000. All independent contractor employees may also see all our performances for free.
Please send a resume, cover letter and links to any social media promotions you have created to Managing Director, John Lehrack at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled with applications reviewed as received.
Northshore Performing Arts Center
18125 92nd Avenue NE
Bothell, WA 98011
NPAF Ticket Office
A few good men and women to join the NPAF board and volunteer crew.
Interested in becoming a volunteer?